Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Tags not found

• kannued
    Participant

@kannued

One of my viewers emailed me that I have a problem with my tags. My tags appear on the main page. When the mouse hovers, it shows the number of topics, but when it is clicked on, it goes to page not found.

I know when I first installed with version 71 it worked. But I haven’t tested it as I moved up in versions. I am on version. 75.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I would suggest moving to the latest version.

But, do you have an example of where this can be experienced? Might help.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

http://www.canadianbookclubs.com/bkrv/

If I move to the latest version, I understand there is a problem with the new version finding themes. I have my modified theme files, directly under “my-templates” and not in a sub-directory. So I assume there will be problems. That will take time to fix, and time is not in abundance right now.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I think I have a hacker!

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Well, I upgraded. My theme is all a mess. I am still getting pages not found where they should be.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Well, upgrading and fixing the theme didn’t take as much time as I expected! It is amazing how fast I can work in an emergency.

Unfortunately, I am still getting 404, files not found, where I know there is supposed to be content. Upgrading did not help.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Is my database gone?

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

No, my database content is there.

Why will it no longer link? How could that link be removed?

fel64

@fel64

The 404s seem to me to probably come from your config.php and .htaccess files not being set up accordingly. If you have mod_rewrite set to true in your config.php (which you do) then you must update your .htacess file.

Go to http://www.canadianbookclubs.com/bkrv/bb-admin/rewrite-rules.php (probably) and copy the output into your forum folder’s .htaccess file. Try again.

You said something about a hacker?

As far as I know each theme must be in a sub-folder of my-templates.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

All I have in my htaccess file is this:

Allow from all

Options -Indexes

Options +MultiViews

My htaccess file has worked perfectly since October. This bkrv forum worked fine until about 24 hours ago when I started having problems with file not found. I did not play with any files 24 hours ago, except to post something.

Someone is doing something. It’s not me!

Take a long at

http://www.canadianbookclubs.com/forums/

A different forum, where no one has touched nothing in the last 2 weeks. Why am I suddenly having 404s?? It worked fine for quite sometime.

fel64

@fel64

I did not play with any files 24 hours ago, except to post something.

Did you play with files when posting something?

Are you sure it’s since 24 hours ago? Positive?

Change your admin password.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

The only thing I play with was on the 20th, more than 24 hours ago, was the config.php file. I changed the $bb->edit_lock = 60; to $bb->edit_lock = 99999;

as in here, https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/271?replies=2#post-1357

I check with my ISP for system upgrades. They did say:

“The only recent change was an upgrade of the Apache web server software, from Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.2 (the current version). This happened last Wednesday night, March 21.

Looking the your website, I see that the forum topic links point to non-existent files. For example, the link for topic “Circles in the Sand” points to http://www.canadianbookclubs.com/bkrv/topic/9 but there is no subdirectory called “/bkrv/topic” in your account, nor any rewrite rules that would map that URL to a real file. The same goes for the forum links. Something seems to be missing…”

Trent Adams

@trent

First off, do this. In your config.php, turn the mod_rewrite to false and make sure that it works that way. If that works, we can try getting your URL’s working again, just make sure that it is working. If you have phpmyadmin access on your server you can check the bb_posts table to see if the actual posts are there (I am sure they are) as they are showing the topics and the number of posts still. It seems like a permalinks problem and starting by turning them off will be the quickest way to test that.

Trent

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I get fatal errors now.

This topic is

Fatal error: Call to undefined function topic_resolved() in topic.php on line 13

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

The posts are in the database, Trent.

Trent Adams

@trent

If you upgraded to the newest version and changed back to the default theme and have that error, it didn’t overwrite the default template files as that function was removed in 0.8.1 because it was turned into a plugin. I would make sure that all the files are overwrited to the server again as that error shouldn’t be there for you! As well, you don’t just have your files in /my-templates/ do you? They should be in /my-templates/yourthemefolder/ and then activated in the admin area. We will try and get this working for you!

Trent

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

In the default, everything is fine.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

But this problem occurred before I upgraded to 81, as you can see in my other forum.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I have a subdirectory, as in /my-templates/yourthemefolder/

Do I need a subdirectory for the plugin directory too?

Trent Adams

@trent

Not for plugins no, it is just /my-plugins/. So it works in the default theme, just not your theme? Is that correct? If that is the case, let me know.

Trent

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

It works in default, not in my theme. Fatal error on line 13 of topic.php

Trent Adams

@trent

Another thing, in your theme, do you only have the ‘changed’ files relative to your theme? That has to be the case! All files that you have in your theme directory that are “not” critital to your theme should be deleted so it can use the default theme of the install! Could you also list what files you have in your theme directory. Then we might be able to narrow down what is causing the problem for you….

Trent

Trent Adams

@trent

If you have errors on line 13 of topic.php, it will be referencing the old ‘support’ functions that were removed in this version. Compare the topic.php of the new default template versus your template and you will be able to see what shouldn’t be there (on line 13). I might be able to dig out what to get rid of, but it will be because it is calling a funciton that no longer exists.

Trent

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I removed the modified topic.php from my template. That has solved the problem. But that doesn’t make sense. The last time I had played with topic.php in my-templates was February 27, long before I had this problem. This problem only occurred about 26 hours ago, on version 75.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

It is the pretty permalinks that it does not like. That might make sense with an Apache upgrade from 1.3 to 2.2

Trent Adams

@trent

For sure the Apache upgrade might have thrown you some problems. Make sure that contact your host about mod_rewrite in your new apache config file. Glad to hear you got it at least working again for now! Now, just check the documentation and then the FAQ on that page about what to put in your .htaccess again to get this working for you if you want permalinks on again.

Trent

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar