Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Tagging/mentions don’t go to the forum post

• lovechard
    Participant

@lovechard

We are using BuddyBoss for our membership site with bbPress integrated. When a member tags another member in the forums, it comes in their notifications with the link to view the mention. But, clicking on that takes them to the newsfeed/activity stream, not the forum post that they were tagged in. Any insight? BuddyBoss said this is a bbPress issue. Thank you so much!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hmmm… This might even be a BuddyPress issue, or rather how bbPress and BuddyPress integrate mentions, @lovechard what happens when you click on your @lovechard mention here?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

BuddyPress and bbPress both have their own version of mentions, and it sounds like they are working as they are currently designed to. Meaning, BuddyPress activity mentions always win, and bbPress mentions do not create BuddyPress notifications on their own.

lovechard
    Participant

@lovechard

@johnjamesjacoby Yes, members and admins are getting notifications for bbpress mentions… but it doesn’t take them to the forum they were mentioned in when they click on it.. it just takes them to the news feed.

@netweb
    that mention just goes to my profile. What I am wanting… is the notification for the mention to take them to the actual mention in the forums.

Thanks for your help!

nomadsland
    Participant

@nomadsland

Hi,

Did you find the solution ? I have the same wish too…

Thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar