Search
Bottom

Tag html

• Scordisian
    Participant

@scordisian

Hello,

I was wondering. The following <?php bbp_topic_tag_list(); ?>
    call the tags from what I can see. But where can I change the preceding class="bbp-topic-tags".

I want to change the class name.

Thnx.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Put this in your child theme’s function file – or use

Code Snippets

and change “bbp-topic-tags” to whatever you want

add_filter ('bbp_before_get_topic_tag_list_parse_args' , 'rew_change_class' ) ;

function rew_change_class ($args) {
    	$args['before'] = '<div class="bbp-topic-tags"><p>' . esc_html__( 'Tagged:', 'bbpress' ) . '&nbsp;' ;
    return $args ;
    }

Scordisian
    Participant

@scordisian

Thnx for the quick reply. Just to make sure, you mean the bbpress-functions.php file right?

Also, I noticed some other pieces of code that are not directly found in the template files like these. So a seperate bbpress file might be very handy.

Robin W

@robin-w

no not that file, the functions file in your child theme. If you don’t have a child theme, or don’t know what that means, use the code snippets plugin.

Scordisian
    Participant

@scordisian

Yea I am working with a child theme right now. I am just asking because I see some other child themes with the file bbpress.php in there. I am still reading up, but just wondered if there is a separate file beside the child theme functions file that can be used. I am creating a Bootstrap forum theme, hence the questions.

Robin W

@robin-w

some themes will have a bbpress FOLDER, which is where you would put amended bbpress template files.

filters generally go in the child theme functions file

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar