Categories
Search
Bottom

Tag

• Mei Ling
    Participant

@mei-ling

Hello,

I would like to know if it would be possible to have WordPress and BBPress using the same tags?

I thank you in advance

Kind regards

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Barry
    Participant

@barryhughes-1

That should be possible, yes.

There are a few ways you could go about this but the easiest is probably to make topic tags available to regular blog posts (that way, both can share the same taxonomy and you probably won’t need to worry about modifying the bbPress UI).

If you really need to, you could go a step further and a) remove ‘regular tags’ from blog posts and b) rename topic tags so they simply read as ‘tags’. This would result in you having one type of tag everywhere.

Bear in mind however that if you already have a bunch of existing topic and regular tags you would need to do some migration work unless you are prepared to lose one set.

Mei Ling
    Participant

@mei-ling

I thank you Barry. We will try this solution, simple and elegant.

Alex Linnik
    Participant

@alinacleaningservice

yah, it should be possible.You can assign and/or add new tags to posts before you publish them using the Categories & Tags module to the bottom left of the post editor.Add tags one at a time by typing in your text then hitting the Enter/Return key on your keyboard after typing each tag, or add multiple tags at a time by separating each with a comma then hitting Enter/Return when you’re done.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar