Categories
Search
Bottom

Syntax Error in admin/functions.php

• dububiscuit
    Participant

@dububiscuit

Hi,
    I’m very new to both WordPress and bbPress, so my apologies if this is a very easy problem to resolve!

Whilst poking about trying figure stuff out in the bbpress/includes/admin/functions.php, I received the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘}’ in /home/content/65/5240765/html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/functions.php on line 303

I’ve checked through the code to try and find the ‘}’ but couldn’t spot it (there is no line 303 – it only goes up to 294), and tried to fix it by replacing the wrong code with the original code but it still gives the same error. I’m not entirely sure what I’ve done even after extensive google/forum searches, so I’ve copied the code into paste bin in case anyone can help me out.

http://pastebin.com/X9FsvsR1

The website doesn’t appear to be broken from the front end in any way, it’s just the back end that’s messed up.

I’m using WordPress vers 3.9.1 and bbPress vers 2.5.4, the theme is BigFeature.

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

not sure what you’ve done, but it will be as simple as a comma or ; missing somewhere

I’d suggest you

download a copy of bbpress to your PC

Download

and then FTP the functions file to overwrite what you have messed up 🙂

Then nose around the files on your PC rather than your site !

Don’t worry I used to do what you’re doing until I did much the same, now I look at a copy not live !

dububiscuit
    Participant

@dububiscuit

Thanks Robin, that seemed to work!
    I’ll definitely start looking at the copy instead of the live version in future, lesson learned! 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar