Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Suscription issue – No email are sent

• Emineminero
    Participant

@emineminero

Hi, im having issues with forum suscriptions.
    When there is a new topic, no email is sent to users suscribed to that forum.
    But if you suscribe to a topic and someone replys, that email is sent.
    What might be going on?
    I use Mandrill plugin, i read that used to be related to that.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hi,

Sometimes messages do not get out, installing the below plugin helps in most of the cases:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/asyncronous-bbpress-subscriptions/

Also consider to have a good SMTP plugin like ‘Postman SMTP’ or equal. I like this one a lot because of all the debugging to understand where it goes wrong.

Pascal.

Emineminero
    Participant

@emineminero

I just tried Asyncronus bbpress Subscriptions but doesnt seem to fix it.
    Im also using wp smtp. I think this started happening with the last bbpress update

Hi,

You use ‘WP SMTP’ ? It seems not updated for over a year and compatible up until 3.9 only. I would propose to find an SMTP log tool to see all outgoing messages that the headers are correct. Or switch to a newer SMTP like Postman.

You are 100% sure the users are subscribed to the forum ? If you’re unsure, consider bbP Manage Subscriptions to check who is subscribed to what forum.

Pascal.

Emineminero
    Participant

@emineminero

Hi @casiepa, it started working, after an hour i think, the message with the notification was sent. Thanks for that plugin!
    Another thing, i checked bbp Manage Subscriptions but i cant get it to work, all i see is a “blank page”, there is nothing in there. Here is an image:

View post on imgur.com

Happy to see you managed.

For bbP Manage Subscriptions, if you have issues and want to use it, leave a message at the support page of the plugin so I take it from there. But if all works, then you can drop this plugin.

Pascal.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar