Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

superturbodiesel.com/forums something different.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What versions did you integrate, and are logins integrated or just the theme?

2.7 and 0.9.0.3

I had a heck of a time getting the logins to work properly, the issue was that I would get a wordpress_logged_in_* cookie for /forums but never a wordpress_* for /forums

In the bb-admin wordpress integration I set the forum URL to the wordpress URL http://superturbodiesel.com/ and the same in the wp-admin for bbPress integration plugin and it worked.

Some other changes, I fixed the bb_mail function to use a from envelope for sendmail as the fifth parameter to mail. It should certainly be an install option

bbPress is light and simple but IMO still has a long way to go. Can’t wait to get my hands dirty with some patches. I will probably do a wp integration template and usernames in quoted text (from the QUOTE extension).

I migrated from phpBB out of pure spite. Every upgrade on my stock install would break and the fact that it had to be manually patched was ludicrous. As a professional PHP programmer bbPress is much easier to work with and the coding practices are straightforward.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar