Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Subscription Mails

• Chris
    Participant

@esperoart

HI. I have bbp Style Pack. I set up nice templates in Subscription Emails tab, but users don’t receive those mails. They receive default WordPress notifications. How to force bbPress to send those nice looking templates I’ve created?
    Thank you
    Chris

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

can you give an example of a ‘default wordpress notification’ please

Chris
    Participant

@esperoart

Sure Robin. I’m not sure if it’s wordpress default template, but I’ll show you what I receive (as a test user, not admin) and what I set up.

Here’s what I receive:
    Example

Here’s my template:
    Template

I also noticed that “Don’t show this message” (Oh bother! No forums were found here!) doesn’t work for me. I ticked it, but the message is still there. Is there a php snippet I could add to my Woody snippet plugin? Thank you.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – thanks, just checking what was happening.

hmmm….. so presumably if you press the ‘send test message’ on the ‘subscription emails’ tab, this come through correctly -ie with your changes?

Chris
    Participant

@esperoart

Yes, I just checked this again. When I’m sending test emails, I get correct messages with my templates.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so I am wondering if something else is interfering.

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

Chris
    Participant

@esperoart

No success Robin. I used troubleshooting mode. I switched to a default theme, enabled bbpress and style pack – notification was still the same. On my theme the same.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, thanks – I’ve just retested on my test site, and can see no issue.

I’ll have a think

Robin W

@robin-w

I presume you’ve ticked item 3 on the subscription emails tab ? 🙂

Chris
    Participant

@esperoart

jesus christ….

Thanks Robin and sorry! It’s working now 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

not a problem – we’ve all been there 🙂 🙂

TreeTrail
    Participant

@aprilschmitt27

Thank you Robin!!! Your remark: “Tick item 3 on the subscription emails tab”, fixed this issue for us too. I had yet to use this great tab before at all but the problem just appeared.

In our case, it was that the editor “link” button was unable to retain user entered hyperlinks. It’s fine online, but user entered links missing from all bbPress emails. During testing using only: WP 5.8.2, 2021 Theme (we use Kleo theme), and bbPress …it still had this issue. That seems to indicate a relationship between WP and BP.

I updated bbPress on 11/30/2021. WP update date unknown but not listed in the lasted 30 days of my backups, so it was earlier. The issue was first reported to me on 11/20, so this all points to a WP 5.8.2 change cause.

No related php error logs or jquery Migrate deprecation logs seen.

Hope this helps.

Robin W

@robin-w

@aprilschmitt27 – thanks for the info – can you just confirm that you are fixed ?

TreeTrail
    Participant

@aprilschmitt27

We are totally fixed!!!

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂 🙂

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar