Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Subscribers not able to publish Flickr HTML codes

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Embed Media means you don’t have to copy all of that HTML to post an image. It should be enough to just paste the link the the relevant image or video. See https://codex.wordpress.org/Embeds.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

As an admin on your site, you have the ability to post unfiltered HTML. There should be a warning above the post box that says this.

Regular user’s HTML is filtered to prevent malicious code from peeking through, and it’s possible images and/or specific attributes aren’t allowed on your installation, and they are getting filtered out.

lucianoippolito
    Participant

@lucianoippolito

Thank you for your responses but I haven´t been able to fix the problem yet.

Unfortunatelly the embeeding is not working even using just the image or video url. It is only showing hyperlinks to the URLs.

As suggested by the codex embeds page I used the [embed]…[/embed] shortcodes with the same results.

By the way, I have wordpress “Auto-embeds” and bbpress “Auto-embed Links” checked

Any other idea on how to fix this problem?

if necesary you can use this test user:Username: ricardo2012
    password: 123***

Thank you again,Luciano

lucianoippolito
    Participant

@lucianoippolito

*** UPDATE ***

I was able to fix it. My problem was I was pasting the URLs in visual mode and wordpress converted it in hyperlinks. Pasting the URL in HTML mode fixes the problem.

Thank you for your help,
    Luciano

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar