Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Sub Forum list – show content description

• karlajw
    Participant

@karlajw

In the forum list only the parent forum (or parent category) shows the forum content. The sub forum list only shows title and counts.

Is there a way to add the content to the sub-forum list items?

Thanks,
    Karla

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• jmodine
    Participant

@jmodine

Yes its all in the CSS here is my site forums if you like the look I can help you.

jmodine
    Participant

@jmodine

How I did it is this. first I changed my css Using a child theme I just added this css to my style.css (Important to use a child theme so you don’t lose your changes.)

#bbpress-forums .bbp-forums-list li {
    display: none !important;
    }

.bbp-forum-title{
    display: block !important;
    font-size: 22px;
    font-weight: bold;
    border-top: 15px solid blue;
    boder-top-left-radius:5px;
    boder-top-right-radius:5px;
    -moz-border-radius: 5px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
    margin-top: 10px;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    }

.bbp-topic-title {
    font-size: 16px !important;
    }

What this did is I made multiple forums instead of categories. when I made the forums I used the text area to include the descriptions. Left the main topic forums closed. so no one could post on there.
    I then made sub forums (hence using my main forums as category tags) and again used the text area for the description while creating the forums. I left these open so post could be made in there.
    Now I have all kinds of styling you can change. Play with the borders margins colors and text size until you get what you like. I also found the text size to be too small for the descriptions so I used the plug in tinymce advanced to add custom fonts, font-sizes and colors for the descriptions.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar