Categories
Search
Bottom

Struggling with login

• baz13
    Participant

@baz13

Hi

I am struggling with a login button within my page for bbpress. I have tried to use 2 different plugs and I am having 2 different problems. I dont want to use a sidebar option. If anyone can provide a solution to either one I would really appreciate it:

bbp style pack – When I select add login/logout to menu options it adds “Log In” to the navigation menu higher then the other menu options (ie. it sits vertically higher by about half the text height”. Can anyone help with how to align this with the other text?

bbpress WP tweaks – This provides an acceptable button to login however the login link takes me to the actual backend wordpress login page. Simply changing the href=” ” to the page on my website does not work either.

<p>{login_text} / {register_text}</p>

I would prefer to use the bbp style pack however either will do at this stage. I am very new to buidling websites and I don’t want to play around in the functions.php area at risk of crashing my entire site.

Thank you for your help.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I am author of bbp style pack

Yes we should be able to fix where the login sites, but I need a link to your site to see a live example

baz13
    Participant

@baz13

Thank you. I was introduced to WordPress a few weeks ago so everything is new to me. If there is an alternate bbpress support plugin other than these two you recommended please let me know.

Home

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so using bbp-style pack (so make sure it is activated)

In

dashboard>settings>bbp Style pack>login

set both

Login menu item css class and
    Logout menu item css class 

to

aad

then go to

dashboard>settings>bbp Style pack>custom css and put this in there

.aad {
    	margin-top: 11.9px;
    }

if that doesn’t work, leave the code in there and come back

baz13
    Participant

@baz13

That has worked! Thank you very much

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed !

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar