Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Stop forum posts from showing on feed

• jimandms
    Participant

@jimandms

Hello all, this is probably a strange request but what the hell, I will give it a shot…

My site is not live yet, it is at https://jimandms.com/ running the latest version of BuddyPress, bbPress and WordPress. I keep them all updated…

Anyway, I have added some posts to the forum. Just general housekeeping stuff mostly. And the complete post shows in my feed on my homepage as well as in the forum. Ideally, I would not want anything to show on the home screen when a forum post is made. I want to keep the two separate to a certain extent.

Or if this cannot be done, then a short blurb about the post with a link to the forum would be acceptable. As it is right now, it shows on the newsfeed as I said and you get a read more on the post and when you click it it shows the whole post.

Anyone have any ideas about how to accomplish this? I checked all of the settings and I didn’t see anything that would help but it is always possible that I missed something.

Thanks for reading!
    Jim

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

no idea what you mean by ‘feed’?

your home page is pointing to your blogs, and it is these that are showing not forum entries?

Please explain further

jimandms
    Participant

@jimandms

I guess I was just thinking of like the facebook news feed. But I guess it would be the blogs that are showing on my home page. I have the home page set as my Activity page. So when I make a forum post, it shows there also. I really would rather not have it show in the activity stream.

I hope that is more clear than mud this time. 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

I think if you set

dashboard>settings>forums>rss feeds per page to zero it should stop, but that does depend on how your theme an other plugins are doing the links, it may not work

willemb2
    Participant

@willemb2

No, the “rss feeds per page” setting doesn’t allow values < 1.

We have the same problem. We just installed bbPress as a private forum, for logged-in members only. But posts appear in our public example.com/feed (and get replicated by Zapier to social media)

Robin W

@robin-w

link to your site please ?

willemb2
    Participant

@willemb2

Sorry, currently I cannot reveal that, because information that should be private is leaking this way. We’re still busy removing posts.

I’m seeing older threads here suggesting you need to modify functions.php to keep forum posts out of your RSS. Like this one: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/private-posts-showing-in-rss-feed-widgets/

Robin W

@robin-w

so have you tried that ?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar