Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Stop Cutting Off!!!!!!!!!!

• gregory9885

@gregory9885

I can’t find for the life of me where to change how to get the thread author smaller. It keeps getting cut off, similar to a lot of thread’s in this forum. It might happen here if you look to the left. Does anyone know how to make either the thread post smaller or the thread author bigger? I see some place within the css, but every time I try to change something with the post author, then the post thread messes up, and vice versa. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • If you edit your style.css sheet in /bb-templates/ and go down to the portion that says:

/* Topic Page

=================================== */

That is where you will need to edit your file. I am not sure, but changing this one might be what you are looking for:

.threadauthor small { font: 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; }

Trent

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

In style.css, can you do something like this:

.threadauthor {

margin-top: -20px;

margin-left: -110px;

/* overflow: hidden;*/

position: absolute;

width: 95px;

}

So, no more hidden overflow and move the threadauthor up 20px, which lets it bleed over to the right into the post area, but it doesn’t overwrite any text.

For the few instances where the author is too long, this might be a good solution. In my forum, less than 5% of the users have used a long name.

Another solution would be to make the font smaller or tighten up the font spacing, or even jigger the widths of the columns, but those are more major surgery for a simple display problem.

Geezerjim
    Participant

@actorjiml

I was having the same issue at Forums4Bauer I am using a modified version of the bbPress forum template. One thing I did was widen the whole thing, but to get rid of the hidden long names I made the following changes to the style.css file in my-templates:

#thread {

background: #eee;

list-style: none;

margin: 0 0 0 110px;

padding: 0;

}

#thread li {

padding: 1.5em 1.0em;

line-height: 1.5em;

height:100%;

}

#thread li ol, #thread li ul {

margin-left: 60px;

height:100%;

}

.threadauthor {

margin-left: -140px;

overflow: hidden;

position: absolute;

width: 100%;

}

I also added:

.threadpost {min-height:120px;}

Unfortunately that doesn’t work in IE. I’m looking for a way around a problem I’m having where short replies overlap. That’s not typically a problem, but I’m using my Graphic Display Ranks plugin, and images that are taller than some of the replies.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar