Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

• leander8728

@leander8728

Hi,

When i make a post sticky, it will be sticky to on the forum frontpage (latest post’s). But if i have more then 10 sticky’s, it will spammed the latest post’s list.

I want the following thing. I want to deactivate the sticky’s on the frontpage (latest post’s). So that they don’t come above other post’s.

I hope you understand my bad english.

Thanks,

Leander

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You could modify the front-page.php template file to just skip the sticky posts altogether. Looks like you would remove lines 24 through 32 of front-page.php in your template files. Just remove the whole block dealing with stickies in the front-page.php file. You could change the conditional on line 11 as well, but so long as you have topics, it will be fine even if you leave it.

leander8728

@leander8728

Yes but then i remove the sticky’s on the latest post section. Is there not any other thing to solve this problem? Because i want to show the sticky’s in the latest post section, but not alway’s on the top of that section.

But if there is not any other solution, i will use your option.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Please explain how you want to display them then? I don’t understand. Thanks.

leander8728

@leander8728

On the latest post’s section, they must seen as every other post. So that the sticky’s aren’t more important then the freshness of every post.

Example:

I made a normal post on 16 march 12:11

I have made a sticky post: 16 march 12:12

Now is the sticky post the newest post in the latest post section. That is good, but when i made another topic / reaction at 16 march 12:40.

The sticky topic stay’s above the newest post. I want that the sticky topic at that moment comes under that other post (16 march 12:40). Because that post is newer then the sticky.

I hope you understand me.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar