Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Starting a new bbPress forum

• Hey there everyone! I am going to be installing bbPress to my WordPress blog but just have a few questions before jumping into anything straight away. I’ll list them so it makes it simpler and easier for you guys to answer and avoids any and all confusion.

1. Do you recommend that bbPress is installed in the same directory/folder as my WordPress blog? Please explain why (advantages/disadvantages, if any).

2. In order to integrate it to my blog, will my current theme (K2) work with bbPress (take a look at my blog if you don’t know what K2 is)?

3. On this page, listed under the title ‘Functions (optional)’, do you recommend that I do it or no? Again, advantages and/or disadvantages please.

That’s all the questions I’ve got at the moment. Hoping to get answers as soon as possible to get my forum set up. Thanks guys!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can anyone help me out?

Can anyone help me out?

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

1. No, you should install it in a sub-directory like forums. If you install it in the same dir, then their might be conflicting urls.

2. You’d need to port the theme yourself. There is no theme compat. (Though the new under-development bbPress plugin has that)

3. If you don’t want anything of WordPress to be shown in bbPress (ie. by using WP functions), then no. It would add extra load.

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

1. No, you should install it in a sub-directory like forums. If you install it in the same dir, then their might be conflicting urls.

2. You’d need to port the theme yourself. There is no theme compat. (Though the new under-development bbPress plugin has that)

3. If you don’t want anything of WordPress to be shown in bbPress (ie. by using WP functions), then no. It would add extra load.

1. Thanks, that was my initial thought.

2. Where can I find this bbPress plugin and is it an official plugin by the creators of bbPress, or the community?

3. When you say “anything of WordPress to be shown in bbPress”, what does that actually include?

Thanks for the reply Gautam.

1. Thanks, that was my initial thought.

2. Where can I find this bbPress plugin and is it an official plugin by the creators of bbPress, or the community?

3. When you say “anything of WordPress to be shown in bbPress”, what does that actually include?

Thanks for the reply Gautam.

I think about transforming my blog in to a good working forum and I was thinking about useing a BB Press to do so. If it is as friendly as a WP Im going to do so.

I think about transforming my blog in to a good working forum and I was thinking about useing a BB Press to do so. If it is as friendly as a WP Im going to do so.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar