Categories
Search
Bottom

Starter problems – registration not working

• monopohl
    Participant

@monopohl

Hi all,

I tried to create a small community forum on our webpage, however I am facing some issues.

I am running WordPress 5.4 and installed the most current version of bbpress through the plugins section, activated it network wide, created a forum, creted a post, all working well.

Then I thought I need a way for the users to register and after some googling, I found out that I have to create a page that contains the [bbp-register], which I did. When I visit that page it shows the registration form. I enter a username and Email and when I submit, the site refreshes to wp-signup.php which shows another registration form asking for the same information. When I enter the data there again, registration is working, but that is not how it is supposed to be, right?

Kind regards,
    Thomas

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

link to your site please

monopohl
    Participant

@monopohl

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm – you seem to have something that is firing

are you multisite – you will know if you are, so if you don’t know the answer, the chances are you are not !

what other plugins do you have running?

monopohl
    Participant

@monopohl

Hi,

sorry for my late reply.

Yes it is a multisite (network) installation. Currently I am only using one site but I prepared this for future sites to be added.

My active plugins:

Akismet Anti-Spam
    bbPress
    Contact Form
    GRAND Fla Gallery
    Honeypot for Contact Form 7
    Network Privacy
    Slider Revolution
    The EVents Calendar
    Wordpress Importer
    Wordpress MU Domain Mapping (notsure if Im even using this or if it is a leftover…)
    WP DSGVO Tools

Wordpress, Themes and Addons are all on the latest version.

Kind regards,
    Thomas

monopohl
    Participant

@monopohl

Any hint what I could check?

Robin W

@robin-w

it was something to do with multisite – if you’d replied earlier I would have remembered what I googled to get an answer – I’ll come back if I remember.

monopohl
    Participant

@monopohl

Uhm well regarding your hint I found this

Register on Multisite

Seems somewhat odd to me. bbpress claims to be from the developers of WordPress and to be multisite compatible but so far it seems not to be possible to use the registration properly without creating a custom wp-signup.php or using a third party plugin?

Did I get that right?

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress just uses WordPress – so any WordPress registration will be fine – maybe theme my login

monopohl
    Participant

@monopohl

I jused the Login with Ajax Plugin, that works now.

However I think such a trivial function should be there out of the box…

Thanks for your help.

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar