Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Spectators can post but shouldn't

• cryx
    Participant

@cryx

Hi, I’m having a big problem with a client’s site of mine.

Last week there was no problems. His forums are set to be private so only users with the correct roles can read and write. New registered users get assigned to a role I’ve created called “webshop customer” and forum role is Spectator (I created this using a guide I found). So as you know with Private forums a Spectator shouldn’t even get access to it. This worked to maybe 3 days ago for no apparent reason. Now suddenly all users with Spectator role can read and even write(!) in the forums without any barriers.

I fixed this yesterday by reinstalling BBPress and it worked. But the next day the problem was back… I don’t know how to fix this.

If you want admin details or FTP I can send you them. The only file I’ve changed is the “feedback-no-forums.php” inside “bbpress/templates/default/bbpress” to show some info for the Spectator user. I have no idea…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• cryx
    Participant

@cryx

Okay, it seems like I fixed it. The solution was to set the forums to Hidden instead of Private. Then go in to “capabilites.php” inside the Core folder and set some permissions for Participants to read private forums = true. 🙂

cryx
    Participant

@cryx

*gone*

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re fixed, though your avatar is a little disconcerting !

cryx
    Participant

@cryx

Haha yeah! 😀

Looks like I’m screaming for help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar