Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

‘Spectator’ role not able to view any forms

• zopfan
    Participant

@zopfan

I checked again and again and found that ‘spectator’ role user is not able to view/create/edit any of the forums. Why so?

2nd, does any user role need to be ‘subscribed’ necessarily to be able to view/edit forms?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Vinod Dalvi
    Participant

@vinod-dalvi

I checked again and again and found that ‘spectator’ role user is not able to view/create/edit any of the forums. Why so?

Spectator user role can only read forums, topics and replies. He can not create or edit anything.

Please get more information about bbPress user roles on this page https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/before-installing/bbpress-user-roles-and-capabilities/

2nd, does any user role need to be ‘subscribed’ necessarily to be able to view/edit forms?

No

zopfan
    Participant

@zopfan

Thank you for your reply.

But as I said in my OPost, spectator is not able even to ‘View’. When I change it to ‘Participant’ then only that user is able to view (/edit/create) all private and hidden forms.

And also, ‘No role’ user is also able to view/edit/create any topic.

zopfan
    Participant

@zopfan

My website, BathindaHelper.com has only test forums/topics as of now.

Vinod Dalvi
    Participant

@vinod-dalvi

But as I said in my OPost, spectator is not able even to ‘View’. When I change it to ‘Participant’ then only that user is able to view (/edit/create) all private and hidden forms.

Only users having read_hidden_forums capability can see hidden forums. Moderators and Keymaster have this capability.

Users having read_private_forums can see these forums. Moderators, Keymaster and Participant have this capability but Spectator and Blocked users roles don’t have it so they can’t see it.

And also, ‘No role’ user is also able to view/edit/create any topic.

The user having No Role have same capabilities like Participant role. He can create and edit their own topics and replies in the forum.

zopfan
    Participant

@zopfan

Thanks again for continuing.

But I’d like to point 2 anomalies.
    1. In the link sent by you, no where its been mentioned that ‘spectate’ capability (that the user spectator has) means only the ‘Public Forums’. And thus ‘Spectator’ has viewing rights only for public forums and not private or hidden. I think this alone must be causing confusion for many users.

2. When ‘Participant’ and ‘No Role’ are equal, then what is the need of 2? There must be some diff, NO?

zopfan
    Participant

@zopfan

And 1 last question, is there any default/ready made user role, which allows a website visitor to read and reply to topics, but doesn’t allow him to create new topics/forums?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar