Spam, and other issues
I just restored a very old bbpress 1.x install to use bbpress 2.0 plugin, and it worked great! Thanks so much.
There are a few issues though, that I could use help with. Here they are:
- I’m getting a ton of spam. Some of these get caught by akizmet, but most get through, and there’s no way to do a “rescan for spam” thing like there is in wordpress comments. Is there any way to clean this up, to reduce the spam (I’ll continue to troll the forums to find solutions, but I’m not sure how most of the suggestions there work, until I know how registration and new topics work)?
- If not logged in, I can’t see any way to post to the forum, or any register links in the forum area. Is a setting for this (I have it set at defaults, only registered users can post, and anyone can register), or do I have to add theme support? (I’m using 2011.)
- Does registration go through normal WP reg process? I can’t find it from the forums, but the spam bots sure can!
- there is no preview button – here or in my forum – I hope the formatting I put in here works!
On an unrelated note, I couldn’t get my old account to work here on bbpress.org (CaptainN) – When I try to log in it says my username doesn’t exist. But I can’t register with either my old username, or old email – they both exist! Also, when I start the reset password process, I get the link to click, but when I click on it, it says I can’t change my password.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.