Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

space between posts

• circulartrend

@circulartrend

Hi there,

I searched all over the forums but couldn’t find much about this. Currently I have avatar upload plugin as well as postcount plus.

The thing is, I want spacing between the each post..not padding. When I increase the padding, it adds more padded space to the dotted line under each post. I just want to space each post out so the posts and the users are not so close together. That way there won’t be a ton of padding under the dotted line and instead space between the posts. Any ideas on this?

For example a black background with the two alternating colored posts..say white and green. I want space between the white and green (posts) so you see some black background between them.

Thanks! :) Just makes things easier to read.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Do you have a link to your forum? It’s tough to troubleshoot css without the actual code. :-)

circulartrend

@circulartrend

Sorry yes I do its: http://www.ghostdroppings.com/bbpress/

Right now the background is black, so I would have to change that in order for you to see the spacing between the posts. However there is too much padding and I would just like there it be a bit more spacing between the posts like on bbshowcase.org, although I would add a tiny bit more space.

Try changing the threadpost margins.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

In your template’s topic.php, find the loop. It looks like this:

<?php foreach ($posts as $bb_post) : $del_class = post_del_class(); ?>
    <li id="post-<?php post_id(); ?>"<?php alt_class('post', $del_class); ?>>
    <?php bb_post_template(); ?>
    </li>
    <?php endforeach; ?>

Right after the closing li, before the endforeach, add this:

<div style="height:100px;"></div>

Change 100px to whatever amount of space you want between replies. It will look like this when you are done.

<?php foreach ($posts as $bb_post) : $del_class = post_del_class(); ?>
    <li id="post-<?php post_id(); ?>"<?php alt_class('post', $del_class); ?>>
    <?php bb_post_template(); ?>
    </li>
    <div style="height:100px;"></div>
    <?php endforeach; ?>

That will put some space between your replies and space the author info down as well, to keep it with the reply.

circulartrend

@circulartrend

Thanks, much appreciated.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar