Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Some Replies Threaded Even with Threading Turned Off

• jhmattern
    Participant

@jhmattern

This seems to be a recent issue. I’ve only noticed it in one topic so far. But some replies are displaying as threaded even though Reply Threading is disabled in my bbPress settings. This happens at the link below as well as near the bottom of the first page of that same thread:

Writer's Market Directory Special Feature — You Choose the Focus

Any thoughts on why this would be happening? So far reply order doesn’t seem to be affected. It’s more a display problem with those replies being indented. The only updates I’ve run recently are for a caching plugin, but the problem was occurring before that.

I’m using WP 3.9.1, bbPress 2.5.3, and I’m seeing the issue in both Chrome and Firefox.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Your issue appears to be a theme related or a plugin is not playing nice.

Rather than bbPress’ replies being out of order the HTML markup of the page you linked has invalid markup, tags are being closed when they certainly should not be.

Suspicion might be the signature plugin you are using, try disabling that plugin and see if it fixes the issue, if not start disabling all your plugins one by one until the issue goes away.

jhmattern
    Participant

@jhmattern

Thanks. That did seem to be the culprit — the GD bbPress Tools plugin. Unfortunately it manages other things I need so leaving it disabled isn’t an option. But I’ll contact the plugin developer and see if they can figure out the issue on their end.

I appreciate the help! 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar