Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Some Forum descriptions and subforums no longer visible

• arcadiadtl
    Participant

@arcadiadtl

I set up this site a while back for a client and suddenly Forums and Subforums are not displaying properly.

http://www.hrmti.org/forums

Some forums are private and some are public, the issue is occurring with both. I have checked the order of every main forum, reordered subforums, and the issue persists.

Any insight would be appreciated

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, kinda hard to answer this one, as I can see forums and sub forums – but have no idea what is not showing 🙂

arcadiadtl
    Participant

@arcadiadtl

Sorry for the lack of clarity!

The page has 12 forums total, all numbered between 0-11. Each of those forums has at least one subforum that should be populated on the forums page. Right now, 7 of the forums are greyed out and showing only the title of the forum itself (no subforums).

You can see this most clearly at the very bottom of the forum list where there are 5 forums greyed out (4 are private, 1 is public, so you should only see the 1 greyed out). The one you can see – General Discussion — has 4 subforums that should be showing on the main forums page.

I hope that helps clarify a bit more for context?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, best advice I can give is the standard fault finding :

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar