Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Some code is very simple others is too difficult

• Shmoo
    Participant

@macpresss

Hello, i didn’t know a better title but i’ll try to explain what i meant to say.

I don’t understand why it’s very easy to get all info that you need from the Topic Starter and when you need the same info from the last person who has replied on a topic it’s very difficult.

Look at my screenshot and you’ll see what i’m trying to say.
    http://i48.tinypic.com/33op6wz.png

Everything on this picture is done by CSS the only images you’ll see are the Gravatars,
    At the left side it’s the Gravatar of the Topic Starter with a Hover effect when i took the screenshot.

I didn’t use the default PHP code that bbPress provided because it wasn’t very clean so i searched around and found a few simple and easy to understand PHP tags who could help me build my custom lay-out.

php bbp_topic_author_url(); = provides a clean url

php bbp_topic_author_display_name(); = provides clean text without url

php bbp_topic_author_avatar( $topic_id = 0, $size = 60 ); = provides a gravatar with url

I love those simple codes because i can add and wrap HTML around it and position everything i need on every corner of the website if i would like so..

But when i try to make the same Gravatar at the right side it’s getting difficult because there aren’t a few simple tags i can use to get the same clean code from the last person who has posted inside a topic.

php bbp_author_link( array( 'post_id' => bbp_get_topic_last_active_id(), 'type' => 'avatar', 'size' => 60 ) ); = provides a gravatar with url okay

php bbp_author_link( array( 'post_id' => bbp_get_topic_last_active_id(), 'type' => 'name' ) ); = this doesn't provide clean text but a name + url

It’s a huge bummer because i can’t make the Hover effect on the Gravatar without clean code tags.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Look inside the bbp_author_link() function; there’s a great bunch of documentation in there on how to get that information out.

To say the code “isn’t very clean” is kind of silly; the best thing bbPress has going for it is how clean the code is to read and follow.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar