Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

So, a good idea to start using this or not?

• karlbaillie25

@karlbaillie25

In light of whats being talked about in this thread ” http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/whats-happening-with-bbpress “, is it such a good idea to install this and perhaps start using it?

I do feel that the project has a strong community spirit, though mostly I feel its mainly because its closely linked to WordPress.

I really want to use this forum software as whilst its simple and kind of goes back to the roots of the forum days in that ever talked about “web 2.0” style, I dont want to build up a site using this software for the project to be binned later on down the line.

Many thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hard Seat Sleeper
    Participant

@hseatsleeper

No one knows what the future holds, but bbpress is *probably* not going away.

Even if it does, you will always have your installation of bbpress, that can’t be taken away from you. So your forum should give you years of enjoyment.

If you like it, use it.

karlbaillie25

@karlbaillie25

Yeah, I suppose I will have the current version, however its the updates and so on of a opensource project that give it its appeal.

The thought of drafting in a coder to fix any holes that may develope/security breaches that could be found doesnt fill me with confidence, though do you reckon the current version available would be ready to use and leave un-maintained for a fair while at least?

As you can probs tell, im not the best when it comes to PHP, however I do try at least.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What sort of functionality would you need that’s not built in? There are more plugins available for the 0.9 release than the 1.0 release. That might help you make a decision. 1.0 was a radical change from 0.9 and 1.0 is not necessarily *better* than 1.0.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar