Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Snap! — LOST ACCESS to WP-Admin at STEP 2 of Installer

• Hello, I’ve been struggling 8 hours on this and I would appreciate any help :)

I’ve researched this high and low but cannot find an answer.

Problem: At STEP 2 of bbpress installer I try to access my wp-admin page for the requested Salts, but lo and behold – I’m locked out of wp-admin! I am shown a blank page.

WordPress and bbpress downloads share the same mysql database. bbpress is on same level as wp-admin — eg. mysite.com/forums. (see: https://picasaweb.google.com/andrews.bda/DirectoryBbpress# )

Why would my wp-admin lock me out during the bbpress installation?

Thanks in advance for any help!

~BDA

WP 3.1

bbpress 1.0.3

dreamhost

(((As an aside, maybe this has bearing on my problem….I did not have any auth or salt keys located within my wp-config.php file after dreamhost one click install. I had to manually copy and paste from wp-configsample.php!)))))

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I found the solution to my above problem…this mistake is for the other potential newbie’s making silly mistakes :)

My database password entered into my wp-config.php file was incorrect. My WP install was a one click install with dream host and I needed to configure the wp-config.php file – for some reason there was barely any information in it.

Topic Closed. yay.

~BDA

I found the solution to my above problem…this mistake is for the other potential newbie’s making silly mistakes :)

My database password entered into my wp-config.php file was incorrect. My WP install was a one click install with dream host and I needed to configure the wp-config.php file – for some reason there was barely any information in it.

Topic Closed. yay.

~BDA

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar