Categories
Search
Bottom

Slug Conflict

• webdotcom
    Participant

@webdotcom

Hello,

I was creating a forum in the admin, and after publishing, the slug “hardware” had a -2 on it, so became hardware-2

There’s no other forum with the same slug, so I don’t understand why its adding the -2 on it.

So my question is: How do I avoid slug conflicts?

I have a woocommerce category called “hardware” as well, but even trying to change that to “hardwares” I still cannot use “hardware” without the “-2” for the forum.

Are bbpress’ slugs and terms not “segmented” under “/forums”?? Can I not have a “hardware” shop category and a “hardware” forum?

Please advise!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• webdotcom
    Participant

@webdotcom

Was due to an image upload with hardware as the file name. Doesn’t seem right that bbpress doesn’t have its own “namespace” or taxonomy (sorry not wp pro here). Or am I just missing something?

jamiehennings
    Participant

@jamiehennings

Hello,

The slug conflict might occur due to two reasons:

1. The length of “hardware”, not enough so it becomes “hardware-2”.

2. Because the category or either project have the same name so it automatically becomes “hardware-2”.

webdotcom
    Participant

@webdotcom

As soon as I renamed the post_name for the hardware image from “hardware” to “hardware-attachment” in wp_posts, I was able to use “hardware” as the forum slug in bbpress.

I found a filter that automatically adds “-attachment” to file slugs, so that file pages don’t automatically reserve slugs.

Really silly that it can happen though.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar