Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Site wide forum slugs – BP 1.5 & BBP 2

• Darren_Mooney

@darren_mooney

I posted this over on BuddyPress’s support but can’t get any support there. Hoping someone here can help because this issue is holding up an urgent job

OP – http://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/bp-1-5-bbpress-2-site-wide-slugs/

I want to be able to use /forums for the bbp’s site wide forum on a new site. However when I try, there is a conflict with BP. I have to change bbp’s slug to something like /discussion, which leaves /forums with a message: “The forums component has not been set up yet” because the group forums have not been set up, and don’t want to use them.

When I try to get bp to use a different page, and use /forums with bbp, it doesn’t work – I just get a blank page and forums cannot be accessed.

Is there a way to get bbp’s sitewide forums to use /forums ??

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Justin Mason

@justin-mason

I think you can set the url in the buddypress config file. Might check there.

Darren_Mooney

@darren_mooney

Thanks for the reply, Justin. Can’t seem to find the bp config file on the server.

Justin Mason

@justin-mason

I think it was bp-core.php, but after looking Im not sure thats what you want. What about just doing it in an .htaccess until someone has a better solution?

Darren_Mooney

@darren_mooney

That is an option I guess. Would rather have things working properly though. Using “forums” for site wide forums seems like the most obvious way to do it, don’t understand this.

Thanks for your help.

Hope there someone does know a way to get this to work.

neosin
    Participant

@neosin

Hi

the solution is so simple that i slapped myself for not doing it sooner because I too was having this issue.

In the group or sitewide setup page, you have to first install sitewide and then once you have that done, install group forums.

This creates a file that bbpress needs and everything works honky dory after that.

If you don’t want groups to have discussion forums, then simply disable that feature. This can be done per group or to all.

neosin
    Participant

@neosin

Here’s an in depth tutorial on how to do this

http://labsecrets.com/2012/01/23/buddypress-and-bbpress-forums-made-easy/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar