Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Single Reply Freshness instead of Exact Post Date

• highexistence
    Participant

@highexistence

In the BBpress 2.0 plugin, single replies show the exact date posted instead of X hours ago/freshness format. How can I switch this back to freshness format?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It’s always been like this. You’ll need to create a custom template tag to output a formatted time to your liking.

highexistence
    Participant

@highexistence

Then why is it functioning like that on BBpress.org, but not in the plugin? Can you post that template tag?

highexistence
    Participant

@highexistence

Anyone else interested, place this in your functions.php file:

function bbp_get_reply_last_active_time( $reply_id ) {

$last_active = get_post_field( 'post_date', $reply_id );

$last_active = !empty( $last_active ) ? bbp_get_time_since( bbp_convert_date( $last_active ) ) . ' ago' : '';

return $last_active;

}

and then call it in loop-single-reply.php

Okay. I’ve added this to my functions.php and I’m calling it but I’m not certain of how exactly to call it, evidently, as it’s not working. I’ve tried a couple of different variations so umm, how exactly are you calling this?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Most likely directly in a custom theme’s template file, where ever it’s appropriate.

/bbpress/loop-single-reply.php

maybe?

Wow. Thanks for responding so FAST. I guess I worded my question badly. I knew to place it in that file, I’ve already done so, what I mean is that I’ve tried several variations of calling the function and it returns nothing so I’m evidently not calling it correctly. For instance, my last effort was…

$reply_id = bbp_get_reply_id(); bbp_get_reply_last_active_time( $reply_id );

… and I’ve also tried to call it with just…

bbp_get_reply_last_active_time( $reply_id );

… which also returned nothing at all.

No go? No idea how to call this properly?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar