Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Single Registration for WP and BBPress

• tulisan
    Participant

@tulisan

I’m planning to integrate BBPress to my WordPress site and I was informed that it already allows single login integration.

Does it also allow single registration? I mean, when a user registers on my WP site, does he automatically have access to bbpress? How about when a user registers on the bbpress forum, does that user get a WP user account as well?

If not, is there already a way to do this and can someone point me to the right resource?

Thanks!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • There is an option in Settings > Forums to control which user types have access to post in the bbPress forums.

When a user is created in bbPress by registering, they are always added to WordPress.

midian42
    Participant

@midian42

I can’t see that setting anywhere. I would like to make it so only forum registrants can use the forum, not all users on my website. I’m sure I’m probably just missing it but I’m still missing it. Can you tell me exactly where it would be?

See the attached image. It’s the Global Access setting you want to adjust.

enter image description here

midian42
    Participant

@midian42

Fantastic! Do you happen to know how I can make it so only forum registrants can view posts? Or is that not possible?

Thanks so much for your help. I’ve been spinning in circles for 2 hours so you’ve been a Godsend!

That is not possible out of the box, only with custom modifications.

midian42
    Participant

@midian42

one last q and i promise i wont bug you anymore. Do you know if making it a private forum will at least provide some amount of privacy or will it make the forum not function properly? sorry for the typos, on my phone now.

Sorry, I definitely told you wrong before.

Setting a forum to private will make it so only logged-in users can view it. Logged-out users will get a 404 error.

You can also adjust the permissions that any individual user has for the forums by going to the user’s profile editor in the admin, as shown in the screenshot below:

user permissions

midian42
    Participant

@midian42

perfect! thank you so much! will get on it when i get back home. thx again!

David Decker
    Participant

@daveshine

What Pippin wrote is not entirely true:
    the screenshot above is from the current development version 2.2-bleeding!

In current public release v2.1.2 this is NOT possible yet.

Hope that helps, Dave 🙂

midian42
    Participant

@midian42

OMG Thank you! I was just about to come on here and say I don’t have that anywhere! Lol! So right now I can’t separate site registrants from forum registrants, correct?

Ah, yes, sorry, Dave is right. I run my local development site on the bleeding edge version and sometimes forget things there are not available to everyone yet 🙂

midian42
    Participant

@midian42

No worries. At least I know I can stop scouring the site over and over looking for something that isn’t there. 😉

matthewbotti
    Participant

@matthewbotti

I noticed in Pippin’s first screenshot that there was an option to uncheck whether topics allow tags – does this mean that the next version will allow us to finally get rid of the “Tags” box when posting topics? I’ve been racking my brain on trying to figure out how to get rid of tags but if the option comes available in the next version I’ll likely just wait until then, unless there’s a way to do it now that I’m not aware of.

Yes, the option to disable Topic Tags removes the tags meta box.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar