Categories
Search
Bottom

Sidebar moved to bottom of the page

• mpnuu
    Participant

@mpnuu

Hello

I installed bbPress on my website and added login sidebar to my forum page. It got working after some struggle. Then I had to create child theme for Twenty Sixteen theme. After that bbPress login sidebar moved to bottom of forum page. Can you give me some instructions how to get sidebar back to side of the page? Thanks!

I’m currently using WordPress 4.7.3 with Twenty Sixteen theme and bbPress 2.5.12.
    My website is not yet public.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

without seeing the site, this is like me saying to you ‘my car won’t start – what is wrong, but no you can’t see it”!

suggest you try as a test removing any functions in your child theme functions file to see if one is upsetting it, and if so put back one at a time.

If that doesn’t work, do the same for style.css – ie take out all styling and re-introduce.

If neither of those work, then suggest you look to your theme supplier or docs for anything you need to do in a child theme to make it compatible with the parent.

mpnuu
    Participant

@mpnuu

Hello

I have only added style.css file with comment section and functions.php file with my_theme_enqueue_styles() function as it is advised in Codex (https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes). My website is not yet public, because I’m doing it for my customer and I don’t want to publish it before it is ready.

Robin W

@robin-w

so with the child theme it displays wrongly, but if you go back to the main theme it is ok?

mpnuu
    Participant

@mpnuu

Problem solved! It was my mistake. I had wrong page number on Widget Logic function on my child theme. Strangely there was also second login widget on footer widget area and I didn’t notice it. After fixing these issues the problem was gone. Thanks for your help!

Robin W

@robin-w

No problem, glad you are fixed

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar