Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

sidebar item to link to bbpress profile

• Robin W

@robin-w

This is probably a dumb question, and you’ll point me to a much easier solution!

Also I am still very new to wordpress, so understand a little of css and php’s but not tons. I’ll use thing and thingy a lot as well, so as not to embarrass myself with the wrong technical terms.

I am using bbpress 2.2.4 on WordPress 3.5.1 with a twentyten child theme that does a few minor mods.

I am setting up a forum, but don’t want users to see the WordPress toolbar, as this is outside the theme.

But I do want users to be able to change their password and details.

I am using the bbpress login widget in the bbpress sidebar, and by clicking the avatar or their username, users can get to a theme friendly profile page that lets them do just this.

However clicking the avatar is not instinctive, and I’d like (in the absence of a more obvious solution) to add a thingy to the bbpress sidebar that says “amend profile/change password” which when clicked takes you to the same place that clicking the avatar does (or some similar solution)

From searching on the forums, I have found the line within the widget that does this fro teh avatar (around line 140) which looks like

‘<a href="” class=”submit user-submit”>

But have no idea how to then use this or other code to achieve the goal.

Any good ideas, or is there a very basic solution I’ve missed.

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar