Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Sidebar

• jeanflemming43
    Participant

@jeanflemming43

I’m currently using WordPress 4.0 with bbPress 2.5.4. I have created my own theme and attempted to use bbPress. It works fine. The only issue is when entering the forum the sidebar changes positions. When I tried using TwentyTen theme the sidebar doesn’t appear at all only after uninstalling bbPress does it come back. In the TwentyFoourteen theme, this is not an issue as the sidebar is outside of the mainContent area. My site is http://www.paraquadaccess.com/forums/forum/forums/ I appreciate any guidance anyone can provide.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Sorry I couldn’t see an issue, it all looked good to me.

Are you fixed, or can you give a more detailed explanation as to what you issue is.

jeanflemming43
    Participant

@jeanflemming43

I haven’t tried viewing the site through different browsers yet. I am currently using Firefox. I haven’t done anything yet. I guess I’m asking what folder and file contains the page template for http://www.paraquadaccess.com/forums/forum/forums/ Also since you did not see the problem, which browser did you use? Thanks for you timely response

Robin W

@robin-w

I guess I’m asking what folder and file contains the page template for http://www.paraquadaccess.com/forums/forum/forums/

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – Part 1

I used IE – all I saw what that the sidebar was consistent between the site and forums and topics. Since you didn’t detail exactly what was different between the pages, I may not have seen the error !

jeanflemming43
    Participant

@jeanflemming43

Thank you, I guess it is great to know it displays well in IE but I still haven’t resolved my issue. I will review the link you provided. Feel free to consider this thread solved. Again, thanks for your timely response.
    Woody

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I looked again. because I had selected ‘wordpress’ it looked fine as there is only one topic, when looking at others it moves.

Your theme is setting your sidebar position to relative which means it sits in the middle vertically of the content, so as topics build it will go lower.

I Suggest you contact your theme provider for how to get the sidebar to stay at the top

jeanflemming43
    Participant

@jeanflemming43

I appreciate you making the extra effort to help me resolve this issue. I am new to WordPress, and I developed this theme from scratch my first. I noticed the sidebar was set to relative and will make some adjustments to ensure I fix the sidebar issue. I didn’t notice it until installing bbPress which is why I thought it maybe an issue with the page template being used. After trying to renaming and adding a copy of my page template file to bbpress.php, I did not notice a change. Again, thank you and I appreciate your feedback.

Robin W

@robin-w

hey, power to you for developing your own theme – not something I’ve attempted !

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar