Skip to:

Showing Replies To Posts On Home Page – – Synced Posts w/ Forum Topics – –

• Justin Mason

On my current homepage, I was displaying 3 comments at a time per blog post by using the following code :

$number=3; // number of recent comments desired

$post_id = get_the_ID();

$comments = $wpdb->get_results(“SELECT * FROM $wpdb->comments WHERE comment_post_ID=$post_id AND comment_approved = ‘1’ ORDER BY comment_date_gmt DESC LIMIT $number”);

<?php if ($comments) :

foreach ( (array) $comments as $comment) :

echo ‘<div class=”ddcomment”>’;

echo ‘<p>‘, comment_author() . ‘ says:</p>’;

echo comment_text();

echo ‘</div>’;

endif; ?>

This code works perfectly in displaying my comments on the homepage. However, I’ve decided to add bbpress forums and sync my topics with my posts.

If you add a reply now to a post, it is not reflected on the homepage comments (since it is a reply from bbpress, not a wp comment). I am trying modify this code so I can pull the correct replies for that particular Post or Topic ID, since it is now synced together.

The site is currently located at

Is there a specific database query I can use to replace my $comments variable with the topic replies? Thank You for your help!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Justin Mason

The database query I think should be

$comments = $wpdb->get_results(“SELECT * FROM $wpdb->posts WHERE post_parent=$post_id AND post_type = ‘reply’ ORDER BY post_date_gmt DESC LIMIT $number”);

(querying wp_posts, matching post_parent with post id, and post_types reploy)

But how can I echo this $comments variable correctly?

Its not working…

Please help me, I know I’m on the right track but need assistance from an expert.

Justin Mason

Can anyone lend a hand here? Would really appreciate it.

Not ignoring you, just don’t know how to do this. Not even sure you you managed to sync replies to posts..

Justin Mason

Try the bbpress-post-topics plugin. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar