Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Showing freshness of replies in forums

• andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

In the main forum view, I am seeing the freshness as the last day a topic was created.

Instead, is there a way to get the last time a reply was created? If a topic was created 3 years ago, but a reply to the topic was made an hour ago, it still looks as if there has been no activity in 3 years. It would be great to have freshness also show last reply.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

that’s what it should do, can you post a url please

andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

Sure: https://www.lifeleap.org/community/

For example, at the bottom forum (Metaphysical Healing), it says the last activity was 2 years, 9 months ago. But if you open forum, you will see last activity was very recent.

andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

My guess is that this has to do with the forums being imported from phpBB? Since import, when a new topic is created or replied to, I notice it’s freshness is accurate.

So I guess I’ll just hide the freshness until we get some more activity (just so members don’t get confused). I’m still very very happy with bbPress!

Robin W

@robin-w

I’ve just had a look at my test site, and I think the code is not working as it should. Topics are fine, bur replies refer to the original topic date/time not the latest reply date/time. So if no reply it is correct, but otherwise wrong !

I’ll take a look at the source code when I get a chance, but maybe some days away. I’m not the plugin author, just a humble user !

andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

This is exactly the same issue I found. So I guess it’s not just some strange issue on our site.

Thanks for your efforts.

cirrus123
    Participant

@cirrus123

I am having the same issue.

Robin W

@robin-w

It’s on my list to look at !

Robin W

@robin-w

There’s a trac ticket for this

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2789

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar