Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Shortcodes in Sidebar

• aaronmckeon
    Participant

@aaronmckeon

I’ve noticed that any shortcodes in my sidebar are not rendering on bbPress pages. Is there a way to make it so shortcodes are rendering properly? I’ve been searching the forums and can’t seem to find an answer to this. Thanks for any help.

– Aaron

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

may well be theme/plugin related, can you give a specific example please

aaronmckeon
    Participant

@aaronmckeon

I’m using WP Astra as my theme and the plugin Sidebar Manager (also from Brainstorm Force), which just replaces the theme’s main sidebar with a different one based on the post type being displayed. Inside of the sidebar is a widget and inside of the widget, there are the shortcodes that aren’t being rendered. Let me know what other specific details I might be able to offer that would help. Thanks.

Robin W

@robin-w

suspect that as bbpress has custom post types, your sidebar manager is responsible

so standard testing advice is

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar