Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Setup problems

• Beardy123
    Participant

@beardy123

Hi there, I followed your setup documentation, but stumbled at the first hurdle.

I created a forum, then used the shortcode to add the forum index to my site.

I want to use the Public viewing, registered user posting setup (no idea where to set this up)

But when I go to the forum index page (http://makermentors.org/forum/) I get the message:

You do not have permission to view this.

Yes the forum is set to public. I thought the public can see the forum? but you have to be registered to participate.

Please help,

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, welcome, and don’t be daunted !

Does the forum become visible if you log in – I know that’s not what you want, but it tells me some stuff I can ignore in helping you.

Beardy123
    Participant

@beardy123

It does yes 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

ok,

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

Beardy123
    Participant

@beardy123

woohoooo!!! it was a pesky plugin that was doing it. Thanks so much!!

Beardy123
    Participant

@beardy123

Oh, one last thing, lemme know if its an easy thing to do, if not , I will look around, how do I get the login sidebar on every forum, not just the index?

Robin W

@robin-w

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar