Categories
Search
Bottom

Setup for saving messages

• Alpo
    Participant

@alpokoskiniva

Hello all

I have problems with bbpress forum discussions. Users can not save the forum discussions. Especially there are problems with hyperlinks. Sometimes they are able to save, sometimes not. Accroding to our understanding the problems occur when they copy paste text.

Saving works when they use Ipad, but they have much errors with windows setup.

What could be ideal setup for bbforum users avoiding errors? Typical error is forwarding 404 page after they try to save message.

Thank you in advance if you can give some assistance. We would like to keep bbpress our primary tool

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

are you just using bbpress default editor, or have you added the WordPress editor?

Alpo
    Participant

@alpokoskiniva

Thank you for super quick replty. I am not sure, I think this is not default editor.
    Here is the link which shows the editor: https://imgur.com/a/djB0UD1

Best regards, Alpo

Alpo
    Participant

@alpokoskiniva

When I copy text from email, then the result is 404 page error after submitting the text.

But if I copy text from browser (like lorem ipsum generator) and include a link, then it saves the reply to the forum.

Anyone else has this kind of issue?

Alpo
    Participant

@alpokoskiniva

Especially this 404 page case occurs when a hyperlink is part of copy-paste text from email client or word processor.

Users can not copy and/or share hyperlinks or text in the forum when they submit answers or open new topics.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, try

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Topic/Reply Form

and enable the visual editor

That may help

Alpo
    Participant

@alpokoskiniva

Oh, thank you very much for your quick help!

Unfortunately the case is still on. We tested earlier this week that option, but the result is same – except one thing.

1. When you copy text from email client (or word processor) including hyperlink and paste it to the forum, the result is 404 error after submission

2. But if you paste the text and remove the hyperlink (the link is still there but as plain text) then the message goes to queue and administrator must accept the submission

I can add hyperlinks to the text and submit it to forum if I type it manually without copying.

It looks like there are some rules which prevents adding the text to submission forms and subscribing it.
    Very interesting case 🙂

Alpo
    Participant

@alpokoskiniva

Hide my WP plugin was the reason why our user faced problems.

We just disabled the plugin and now it works fine. Also we have informed the plugin developers.

Thank you for your time!

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed and thanks for posting back the answer.

Alpo
    Participant

@alpokoskiniva

For further information, Hide my WP works also now but it needs to be configured. Just disable anti-spam option in HMWP hiding tab and disable IDS option in Protection tab.

If somebody is struggling with the same case, hopefully this helps.

Robin W

@robin-w

thanks again for posting to help others

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar