Search
Bottom

Setting maximum number of replies per user on a topic

• wancasil
    Participant

@wancasil

Hi there.
    Please, I hope anyone can help me.
    I’m trying to set a maximum number of replies a user can submit to a specific topic or to a forum.
    Attention, it is not the maximum replies to show but the maximum replies a user is allowed to post.
    Is it somehow possible? Have anyone done it yet? If yes, please help me achieve the same result.

Rgds,
    WanCaSil

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sorry, this feature is not available in bbPress at this stage, also this is the first time I have ever heard anyone ask for such a feature.

wancasil
    Participant

@wancasil

Thank you for the reply.
    Let me explain the purpose of this feature request.
    I’m using WPLMS (LMS theme that uses BuddyPress for social networking and BBPress for forum functionalities within an learning environment).
    By setting a maximum number of questions each user may post, I’m trying to control the forum part (used for answering questions made by the paid users) in order to manage instructor’s time.
    The idea is to have two types of course user’s (maybe three): regular (capable of posting up to 2 questions per lesson (posting) per course (sub-forum) = 20 replies); gold (4 questions per lesson per course = 40 replies) and platinum (unlimited questions).
    This is a very important differential in my niche, so, event if the functionality does not exist, I’m planing to try to develop it or pay for the development.

Best regards,
    WanCaSil

pabloliz4
    Participant

@pabloliz4

Hi Wancasil

Consul, could you solve this idea? I need to do the same thing, but I can not find anywhere that I did this.

I see you posted the same idea I need, could you do it? Do you have a plugin or developer link that you can share with me so that I can do this?

I am still working with WPLMS.

I would appreciate any comments or help.

Best regards.

Paul

wancasil
    Participant

@wancasil

Hi, Pablo/Paul.

Unfortunately, ’till now this feature isn’t available.
    I could not manage to have it and I’m still looking foward having something capable of such functionality.
    Hope you have better luck than I did and please share whatever progress you may have.

Rgds,

Robin W

@robin-w

could be done with bespoke code, but beyond free help I’m afraid !!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar