Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Set featured image for bbpress forum posts

• yoshimitsu1234
    Participant

@yoshimitsu1234

Normal WordPress posts allow to set an image as featured image so that when i share that post on social networks that featured image will show as post image.
    How can i do similar thing with bbpress topics? There is no option to set featured image in new topic.
    I want featured image only in post meta and not in post itself, so that it will appear only when a post is shared on Facebook etc.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Do it the same way you would for WordPress and use the bbPress custom post types, forum, topic, and reply.

yoshimitsu1234
    Participant

@yoshimitsu1234

I don’t get you. I do not get option to set a featured image in new forum post section at all.
    Please explain in detail.

yoshimitsu1234
    Participant

@yoshimitsu1234

Can anyone answer my question in detail?
    How do i add featured image to a bbpress forum post from wordpress post editor page?

jessy
    Participant

@jessy-marco

Into your function.php paste this code, you will allow to Custom Post Type forum – bbPress have featured images in admin.

add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails', array( 'forum' ) );
    add_post_type_support('forum', 'thumbnail');

yoshimitsu1234
    Participant

@yoshimitsu1234

That worked like a charm. Thanks a lot.
    Earlier i was adding it to end of functions.php which was not working but adding it before ?> did the trick.

yoshimitsu1234
    Participant

@yoshimitsu1234

Hi,
    After doing this I had noticed that now forums and topics have a featured image section but normal WordPress posts, no longer shows featured image setting option in new post page at site.com/wp-admin/post-new.php

How Do I resolve this issue?

yoshimitsu1234
    Participant

@yoshimitsu1234

I tried various permutations and combinations. Following codes worked for me.

add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails', array( 'post', 'forum', 'topic' ) );
    	add_post_type_support('post', 'thumbnail');
    	add_post_type_support('forum', 'thumbnail');
    	add_post_type_support('topic', 'thumbnail');

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar