Categories
Search
Bottom

Service Unavailable error message when viewing replies

• cwaite
    Participant

@cwaite

Hi
    I have seen quite a few people have this issue. Everythibg in bbpress works apart from when you click replies and then the page shows a Service Unavailable error message. I have tried all the options mentioned in other posts like turning off all other plug-ins, changing the theme to Twenty Twenty and also talking to our hosting company and still cannot get it to work. The hosting company tried changing the php versions but the still gave the error message. Error 500 for php7 and error 503 for php7.2. They also checked the error logs and said there was no errors showing. It was working OK when it was a fresh installation, all we have done is add a few test topics and posts and deleted 1 reply. The it starts to give the error.

Does nyone have a solution to this that I haven’t tried?

Many Thanks
    Regards
    Colin

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

hmmm…..

old site, new problem?
    new site new problem?
    always happened?
    only happening after update of bbpress?
    etc.

you could try deactivating and then deleteing bbpress and then re-installing

you won’t lose any posts you already have

cwaite
    Participant

@cwaite

Hi Robin

Yes I have even tried deactivating, then deleteing bbpress and then re-installing. I still, get the same issue.

This is a new site, new problem. It worked OK to start with while testing until we deleted a test post.

I’m thinking, as wer have deleted and reinstalled, something is retained in the settings/post in the DB that causes the issue.

Robin W

@robin-w

so maybe a database corruption, do you have live data in the forums, or just test stuff ?

if just test then go to

dashboard>tools>forums>reset forums and delete all your forum data.

You can then start again

cwaite
    Participant

@cwaite

No just test data at the moment. I will try that out on the test server first and see if this fixes the problem. If it does I will then do it on the live server.

thanks

cwaite
    Participant

@cwaite

Hi Robin
    Yes resetting it worked OK and everything is back to normal. There were a couple of posts in the forums from new members but I was able to recreate them and assign them back to the original member.

Thanks for you help

Regards
    Colin

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed. I suspect a data corruption of some sort

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar