Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Seemingly Irresolvable Problem

• I’ve searched and searched for this on the forum, but I can’t find anything on it.

I’ve been trying to set up a BBPress system for my WordPress blog. I figured WordPress was easy, so BBpress should have been too. And it was. I installed it all and it worked nicely – I even posted a few things on the forums I created.

The problem came when I tried to integrate my WordPress blog’s users with BBpress. I added in the proper field (I can’t remember what it was) the wp_user file, but it simply crashed the whole thing, and now I can’t see any of the BBPress system or pages – I just get the following message:

“Your user table prefix may only contain letters, numbers and underscores.”

I’ve tried Googling it and seraching on your forums, but I couldn’t find a similar event – so am I a techno nitwit or is this a genuine problem? The URL of the site is: http://mnins.dr-spangle.com/bbpress/.

Cheers, I look forward your reply.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Will, what did you set for the user table prefix?

I’m pretty sure it was wp_user, although it may have been wp-user – I can’t remember exactly. :

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Can you access the database directly with a tool like phpMyAdmin or something in your control panel?

I imagine there is a way to add a value to bb-config.php to override the setting in the database right now, but I have no idea what that does to your integration, so I won’t post that thought here. If you have phpMyAdmin, you can look at the tables and see what value you set for your wp_user table prefix.

Seems like you should not be able to enter an invalid value for your wp_user table value if it causes problems later.

Will, if you don’t remember what your table prefix is for WordPress, you can look it up in /wp-config.php. Most likely, you didn’t change it and it’s: wp_.

The site’s run by an aquaintance of mine – I get free hosting from him. I’ll take a looksie as to what value I put for the user prefix.

Watch this space. :D

Sorted it all out. You just need to delete all the tables starting with “bb” and re-install as usual. :D

Thanks, everyone.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar