Bottom

Search with more than 1 word gives 404.11 error

• malcolmpaulpearson
    Participant

@malcolmpaulpearson

Hi all

Shared Windows hosting.
    WordPress 4.6.5 running Karma theme.

Hosting provider will not change the IIS config for just me, they recommend me adding a Linux shared hosting and host the bbpress on that server, external to the site.

When I search with one word – it works fine. When I search with two words it gives the error:

HTTP Error 404.11 – Not Found
    The request filtering module is configured to deny a request that contains a double escape sequence.

Most likely causes:
    The request contained a double escape sequence and request filtering is configured on the Web server to deny double escape sequences.

Things you can try:
    Verify the configuration/system.webServer/security/requestFiltering@allowDoubleEscaping setting in the applicationhost.config or web.confg file.

Detailed Error Information:
    Module RequestFilteringModule
    Notification BeginRequest
    Handler ExtensionlessUrlHandler-Integrated-4.0
    Error Code 0x00000000
    Requested URL https://www.ciproza.co.za:443/forums/search/annual+returns/
    Physical Path D:\Websites\ciproza.co.za\httpdocs\forums\search\annual+returns\
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined

More Information:
    This is a security feature. Do not change this feature unless the scope of the change is fully understood. You should take a network trace before changing this value to confirm that the request is not malicious. If double escape sequences are allowed by the server, modify the configuration/system.webServer/security/requestFiltering@allowDoubleEscaping setting. This could be caused by a malformed URL sent to the server by a malicious user.
    View more information ยป

Anybody got a solution for me?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar