Search functionality with Private Groups plugin
I’m just begining with Private Groups plugin (and even with wordpress!), that seems to be a great plugin to manage users permissions to access to bbpress forums.
Just let me introduce my “configuration” in few words : I’m working with
– 2 forums (A and B)
– 2 groups (1 & 2)
– Group 1 is authorised to work with both forum A and B.
– Group 2 is only able to work with forum B.
I have 2 questions about Private Groups behaviors :
– SEARCH FUNCIONALITY : bpress search form or widget deal with all topics of all forums. I mean that the search functionnality does not take into account groups that are defined with Private Groups when displaying the results list. That’s true that a non authorised user can’t access to the detail of a topic (nor reply to it), but he can see all topics and even their content. Is there any solution to force the search functionnality to only deal with authorised combination forum/groups defined with Private Groups?
– PARENT FORUM : maybe I’m wrong but the only way I’ve found to work with Private Groups is to define one parent forum (the father of all) and subforums. The point is I have no need of any parent forum. Is there anyway to keep all forums at the same level without define any parent forum?
Thank you for any help or idea…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.