Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Run bbPress standalone, then add WordPress site

• Hi,

I have the following scenario: Members of my club is crying for a forum to offload our mailinglist. In the works is also a new club blog platform but that is going to take a while. So what I want to do is:

1. Install/Set up bbPress standalone.

2. Let users register

3. Use the bbPress forum

3. When the new WP based blog is good to go, Install WP and share the db with bbPress. The main thing here is that users should be able to continue using their credentials in WP too.

4. Use WP and bbPress in harmony happily ever after :)

From what I have gathered (reading docs and forum posts) this is at least theoretically possible. But is it plausible? Has anyone done it this way (bbPress first, then WP)? Please feel free to tell my why it is a really bad idea (if it is).

I always have the option to argue that the club should wait with the forum until the WP blog is up an running. But if it is possible I would like to start the forum asap.

All input is welcome

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Theoretically, it sounds easy. You set up a bbPress forum and let users register on it. Then when you setup a WP blog, make it use the bbPress tables and then integrate the cookies by the normal process. Never tried it practically. :)

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Theoretically, it sounds easy. You set up a bbPress forum and let users register on it. Then when you setup a WP blog, make it use the bbPress tables and then integrate the cookies by the normal process. Never tried it practically. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar