Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Rss feed for latest topics

• Hello, is there any way to subscribe to an rss feed for the top 50 latest topics?

I don’t find any plugin and I’m not that good in php to create one by myself. Maybe I/we could change a existing plugin to fit our purpose?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • i found how to make the 32 latest topics in the forum! just link to rss.php!

You can actually edit rss.php to get it to 50 if you want as well! Just search for the number ’32’ in that file ;)

Trent

hehe, of course it’s that simple :P. Thanks!

collegematesca

@collegematesca

XML Parsing Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity

Line Number 2, Column 1:<?xml version=”1.0″?><!– generator=”bbPress” –>

This is the error I am getting when I try to load my rss feed from ie7? any idea how to fix this?

I can’t get it to work with safari or firefox either on your site. Have you changed any of the files in your template that deal with the feed?

Trent

collegematesca

@collegematesca

I did add the avatar upload plugin to the post.php page, and add a few line breaks br / but thats about it?

Can anyone explain just how that got past Akismet?

When you see those, tag it “modlook” so I don’t miss it! Sometimes it happens….

Trent

I did :) Should every affected topic be tagged modlook or is it better to tag just one?

Tag them all if they are different authors. Same author, I usually do a search and get them anyways. I see that you did Tag it and we stopped another 15 messages of spam past akismet! Thanks

Trent

With regard to collegemates’ error above:

XML Parsing Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity

Line Number 2, Column 1:<?xml version=”1.0″?><!– generator=”bbPress” –>

I’ve been getting the same error when trying to subscribe to favorites or forums. Topics works great, thou. Is there anyone out there with any clue to this problem?

regarding my post above: this error only occurs with firefox. With bloglines there is no problem …

/o

I modified rss.php trying to reduce the number of topics returned in the feed, but it still returns all of them. Am I missing a step somewhere?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

roniabirk: do you have a URL where this is happening?

Sure: http://www.fandom-rocks.com/forum-feeds/

Looking more closely at the rss.php file, I figured out that the number I change does not affect the number of topics shown in a specific forum, but rather the number of topics in the forum overall, so I guess the question really becomes how do I modify the number of posts shown when I am passing a forum ID?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar