Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Rolling back

• I recently upgraded from 2.0 rc5 to 2.0.2 this upgrade seems to have broken bbpress with my particular theme (which doesnt support bbpress but was still working fine under 2.0). I am trying to roll back to 2.0 rc5 or 2.0.1, if i deactivate the bbpress plugin, delete it and reinstall the older version will the configuration and posts/topics stay? It warns me when i go to delete the 2.0.2 plugin which concerns me.

You are about to remove the following plugin:

bbPress by The bbPress Community (will also delete its data)

thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Probably best to fix the issues with your theme instead. bbPress 2.1 is due out soon, and then you’ll be ready for it.

But, to answer your question… Just delete the plugin folder, and no forum/topic/reply data will be deleted.

I would love to fix the issues with my theme, but I dont know enough PHP to do so. So i have no choice but to deal with what I have. I have too much invested in my current theme.

maybe someone could point me in the right direction on how to fix my current theme? its eDegree

Ha! So on a whim before rolling back i decided to try the beta 2.1 and it works flawlessly. So instead of going back I went forward. I will look for any problems and report them, but right now its looking great.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar