Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Role = Main?

• Googled, searched the forum, it’s hard to create a specific search for something like the above without getting irrelevant results..

Had a dig and couldn’t find the answer….

bbPress 1.0

I’ve noticed throughout the default themes are references to..

role="main"

Firstly, what does this do? .. In some cases removing this from a template file reseults in the file not working.

Secondly, is there an alternative, these lines are causing invalidtions.

It’s not the end of the world, i can live with them, but some info on what they are for would be most helpful, if one of you lovely chaps could help.. :)

As a side question, and this one again isn’t a huge problem, i find tabbing in code in certain files causes T_ error messages, T_SWITCH, T_CASE, depending on where and what i’m editting.. I like to indent the code appropriately when i’m working on it, but as said i simply can’t do this with particular template files..

Any ideas on that one?

I’m using Notepad++ and Notepad2 for editting, same programs i use for modifying WordPress. I’m using the correct encoding, transfer type etc… i’m use to handling code..

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-role/#s_role_module_attributes explains the role attribute.

could the other issue be to do line endings? LF, CR, CRLF, etc. I use Coda (mac) and that is set to UNIX LF as default.

I’ll have a fiddle with the documents and see if switching to Mac or Unix format helps. I just assumed i’d run with what i use on WordPress…

What concerns me is why these role lines seem to be required for template files to function correctly, and that in keeping them there invalidates the pages…

I suppose the question now is, does anyone else have the issues i mentioned when editting or creating bbPress themes? … If anyone is to report they do not, then i’m happy to accept that it’s likely my mistake and look back over what i’m doing, and where i’m going wrong…. but i’d like a little feedback beforehand….

Admittedly i’m using a custom theme that i converted from a WordPress theme, however i’m not incapable of managing code, so i’ll happily accept that i may have fudged something unintentionally if that’s really the case.

I’ll let you know if using Unix or Mac format makes a difference….

Well call me stupid, but strangely things seem to work as i’d expected them to now… (i’ve changed nothing)..

Late night, perhaps it was just me… in any case it’s all as it should be..

Consider resolved. :)

Thanks for the response… ;)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar