Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

robots text

• Jerry
    Participant

@gerard749

I uased method 2 when installing bbPress and use [bbp-forum-index] as my front page. That is the only forum page I would like to appear in google search results. I tried 10 different ways in my robots.txt fils and can’t get i right. I have no hidden forums. the yoast seo plug is too big for my small sites.

No Labels Community Forums

Thank you for your time.

Jerry

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Jerry
    Participant

@gerard749

This is what I have in my robots.txt file.

User-agent: *
    Disallow: /wp-content/plugins/
    Disallow: /privacy-policy
    Disallow: /view-only
    Disallow: /forums/

Below is a google result for my site which is fine.

Alden, NY – PageSquares
    alden-ny.pagesquares.com/
    Alden, NY – No Labels Community Forums – Buffalo Lackawanna Tonawanda Alden Amherst Aurora Boston Brant Cheektowaga Clarence Colden Collins …

Along with the above google results I usually get two and sometimes three additional google results like the ones listed below. I would like to Noindex: or Disallow: the additional three returns. Nothing is hidden on the forums from visitors to the site. One concern is if a member of a community creates a topic or replies to a topic it would be for someone who visits the website not to be published on a google search result. Another concern is if someone ever does create a topic it may not be for a long time and the dates below may prevent someone from even going on the site. I feel the one return above is very clear about what someone would find if they decided to go on the site. I have tried every possible combination and configuration of forume, forum, topics, topic, *, $ and reply in my robots.txt file that I could think of or find without success. Any help with this would be appreciated.

On the No Labels Community Square Forum – PageSquares – Alden, NY
    alden-ny.pagesquares.com/forums/topic/on-the-no-labels-community-square-forum/
    Oct 22, 2017 – On the No Labels Community Square Forum, members of the community seek common ground on issues important to their community.

On the No Labels Community Ideas Forum – PageSquares – Alden, NY
    alden-ny.pagesquares.com/forums/topic/on-the-no-labels-community-ideas-forum/
    Oct 22, 2017 – On the No Labels Community Ideas Forum, members of the community discuss Ideas beneficial to their community. Reply to or create a new …

On the No Labels Reasons for Concern Forum – PageSquares – Alden …
    alden-ny.pagesquares.com/forums/topic/on-the-no-labels-reasons-for-concern-forum/
    Oct 22, 2017 – On the No Labels Reasons for Concern Forum, members of the community seek common ground on solutions to issues that are a reason for …

Jerry
    Participant

@gerard749

Since my last bbpress post I starting getting two additional google search result:

PageSquares – PageSquares – PageSquares – Alden, NY
    alden-ny.pagesquares.com/author/pagesquares/
    Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing! Filed under: Uncategorized. Search Forums. Search for: Recent Topics …

google search result returns:
    Whoops, no result found!
    It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try a search?
    and
    Uncategorized – PageSquares – Alden, NY
    alden-ny.pagesquares.com/category/uncategorized/
    Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing! Filed under: Uncategorized. Search Forums. Search for: Recent Topics. Community Square Forum. On the No Labels Community Square Forum by PageSquares. 1 week ago. Community Ideas Forun. On the No Labels Community Ideas Forum …

google search result returns:
    Whoops, no result found!
    It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try a search?

I don’t have a blog or is it my intent to ever have one on the website. The post ‘Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or…. is a draft and now password protected and continues to appear as a google earch result.
    I addeded two items to my robots txt file in an attempt to remove the additional search results without success. .
    Disallow: /category/uncategorized/
    Disallow: /author/*
    I then added two more items to my robots.txt file.
    Noindes: /category/uncategorized/
    Noindex: /author/*

Now using the google removal tool and google go fetch I can remove one of the above results but then the other appears in the search results. If I repeat the process I can remove the second search result but the first one is again back in the search result. I also don’t understand why google would index something that isn’t a page or post and make it a search result that returns Whoops, no result found!

I have now removed the post “Welcome to WordPress… from all my subdomains. Also I used the google removal tool and google go fetch but the google search results are for both the posts and for Forums and Topics. I don’t know how long it will take google to index my sub domains.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar