Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Restrict specific forum by role?

• scottmotion
    Participant

@scottmotion

Is there a simple way to restrict who can post topics and replies in a specific forum? I want to have an “Announcements” forum that only I can post to, but everyone can see.

Right now I’ve solved this using bbp Private Groups, but it seems unnecessary to have these groups at all when I could use the forum roles. Its not a critical issue, just annoying, and I’ve been banging my head against this for 2 years…

Is there some sort of hook I can use to disable new topics and replies in a specific forum while checking the user’s forum role?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

you could filter this function and it’s reply equivalent

bbp_current_user_can_access_create_topic_form

scottmotion
    Participant

@scottmotion

Wow, thanks Robin! Looks like it was there the whole time!

I’m a bit confused though. I can only find reference to this on the BuddyBoss website. Are these bbp core functions and not part of BuddyBoss? I’m sure I found this before but probably dismissed it as part of their platform.

Robin W

@robin-w

yes part of bbpress

Robin W

@robin-w

\bbpress\includes\users\template.php

ddesmond
    Participant

@ddesmond

I would like to restrict all users except admin from replying to a forum/topic. How can I do that using bbp_current_user_can_access_create_topic_form?

enkoes
    Participant

@enkoes

Hi, I also want to know how do I make use of this filter bbp_current_user_can_access_create_topic_form to make one of my forum solely for admin posting only? Appreciated if @scottmotion can share your solutions with us.

Regards.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar