Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Resource Usage

• RafaelDeJongh
    Participant

@rafaeldejongh

So I’m having a problem with BBpress recently on my website http://www.sg-carterpack.com at my webhost (Site5) works with resource points and with using BBpress the resource usage has been increasing by the day.

If this plugin is disabled a daily resource usage is between 100 – 200 resource points, however when I enable BBpress it suddenly rises to 600 to 800 and even +900 resource points in a single day.

This of course makes the web hosts disable my website when it crosses the limit of 450 resource points per day.

I’ve already completely remove my wordpress installation, theme, and all plugins to then completely re-install everything from scratch as before I also had problems with BBpress not showing after updating to wordpress 4.0.

With that I before didn’t know it was caused by the BBpress I was already trying to optimise with using W3 Total Cache and Cloudflare to try to reduce it, yet this wasn’t the case. The website in general did became faster however the resource usage stayed the same.

So currently the forum is installed on new installation yet the forum is still hogging up resources so my question here is:

Is there a way to optimise this or a way to export the boards/forums to use in another forum application/plugin?

My current plugins that are active:

– AdSense Click-Fraud Monitoring Plugin
    – BAW Login/Logout menu
    – bbPress
    – BulletProof Security
    – CloudFlare
    – W3 Total Cache
    – WP User Avatar

For the rest it is using a slightly CSS edited version of the FLAT theme but besides that nothing else has been edited to wordpress itself.

Thanks in advance for any information in advance.

Ps: For more of a month I’m trying to post in this forum but after each thread I make it does not appear.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

This of course makes the web hosts disable my website when it crosses the limit of 450 resource points per day.

It doesn’t seem a good deal to have your host provider blocking your site, I haven’t seen resource points before, and all the host providers I know have no limits.

I think I’d move to a another hosting site !

RafaelDeJongh
    Participant

@rafaeldejongh

@Robin W

A lot of webhosts use resource points when they provide unlimited resources in terms of bandwidth, diskspace, email accounts, Subdomains, Databases.

Luckily for Site5 they do not directly disable the website but if it exceeds the limit for 30 days in a given month they do give a warning regarding that they will disable it.

I’m quite happy with Site5 as it’s quite a good webhost especially for the price (which I currently don’t see many other competition that can provide the same for the price).

But yea with the BBpress plugin it just overuses the resources which makes it almost unable to make use of it and as our website is mainly focused around the forum we would either need a way to optimise it or a way to convert it to another platform.

Moving to another webhost for that reason is a bit silly and probably would end up me paying more than what I pay currently.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, sorry but I have not come across these before, and can only find them in connection with site5 when googled.

I can’t say why bbpress is affecting your site

RafaelDeJongh
    Participant

@rafaeldejongh

Hostgater also makes use of this system, a bigger problem with them is that if you have 4 strikes (so 4 times passing the resource limits) your site gets a ban instead of with Site5 that it warns you before disabling it.

Robin W

@robin-w

@rafaeldejongh

I still can’t say why it is affecting your site, but I just a humble user of this product.

If this was a common issue, I would have thought that it would have cropped up before on this support site, and would have been fixed.

RafaelDeJongh
    Participant

@rafaeldejongh

@robin-w

I must thank you for actually replying as I’ve been trying to create a thread for months now, each and every time I submit them they don’t get posted (just doesn’t show) if I replied on a thread it also didn’t get posted so why this happened I don’t know but I’ve got this problem for a couple of months now and now finally I’m able to actually add a thread after many attempts, it’s good to see that actually someone is replying on this!

Robin W

@robin-w

No problem – I hope you fix it !

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar